Friday, April 13, 2012

basbousa




who doesn’t like coconut and in my family we love coconut and that’s why  after coconut ice cream and coconut cookies I am  making this sweets .if I look back about 12 years back I got this cake recipe from my sister who was student at medical college and her friend  always got this cake from her aunty and she share this cake with all her friends and my sister got the recipe for me because she know that I will love to make it and ever since I make this on and off .I did make few changes like usually it have 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar and then again 1/2cup sugar in the syrup .
So here you go classic basbousa with a twist hope you will like it.  

basbousa

Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup semolina soji
2 cup descanted coconut
2tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla sugar
1/4cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2cup canola oil or butter
1/4cup milk
for syrup
1/2cup sugar
1/4cup water
drop of rose water optional
method:


in large mixing bowl mix oil, sugar and eggs for 1 minute.
Add all the dry ingredients flour,soji,and coconut baking powder and vanilla sugar and beat for 1 more minute . Grease the square baking dish  and pour the batter .now bake this in preheated oven for 2 to 30 minutes or until the tooth pick insert come out clean.  Then cut  cake in desire shape  while still in baking dish
cook together the sugar and water until the sugar all dissolved pour over the cake and let it cool completely then serve with extra coconut.




No comments:

Post a Comment